As promised the WordPress team have been rolling out incremental updates on a regular basis this last 12 months and the next version is due very soon.
The next version, 3.9 is due to roll out on April 15th 2014.
This version is not a major update but will potentially include some interesting new UI enhancements and features that will benefit some users.
- Improvements to audio/video playlists
- Improvements to theme browsing and installation
- Live preview of galleries in editor
- Potential for inclusion of the Better Widgets feature which flips the widgets screen around providing more space for the actual widgets
- Inclusion of Widget Customiser function which allows for editing and preview of widgets in the same way as the Theme Customiser
Looks like potential release dates for V4 will be in August 2014.